University of Arizona Global Campus Core Faculty, Forbes School of Business and Technology in Chandler, Arizona
At the University of Arizona Global Campus, Core Faculty is a discipline expert who provides a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success within the Forbes School of Business and Technology. Core Faculty are committed to high quality teaching and learning through ongoing evaluation and continuous improvement.
Rank determined at time of hire by Dean.
Essential Job Duties:
•Demonstrating awareness of and responding to the diverse needs of all students
•Displaying a thorough knowledge of both the curriculum and the subject matter
•Facilitating instructional materials and providing guidance and feedback to all students
•Setting high expectations for student achievement and behavior
•Evaluating student performance via established rubrics and policies
•Responding to student emails and inquiries in a timely manner
•Addressing plagiarism concerns according to university policy
•Collaborating with student-facing institutional personnel to enhance the student experience
• Implement retention, persistence, graduation, and student success initiatives
• Support program and emphasis development activities, course development, and assessment
• Support faculty communities of practice and oversee faculty online community spaces
• Support college leadership in evaluation of teaching efficacy and provide support to core faculty and associate faculty within college, intervening as needed (may include supervisory responsibilities, coaching, and mentoring)
• Represent college in University meetings and forums
• Contribute to a university-wide or college committees
• Collaborate with college or university teams to develop and implement new initiatives
• Contribute to student success through regular interaction with career services, student enrollment, and academic advisors
• Provide support for accreditation and licensure efforts to ensure courses meets career and discipline goals
• Collaborate with library, writing center, and other University departments to support student success and to ensure a positive experience for all university students
• Assist with program review (gathering data, writing reports, creating action plans for enhancement) based on timeline set by the college
• Engage in community and student development activities involving disciplinary expertise, such as student organizations
Professional Development and Scholarship
• Engage in faculty scholarship and development activities related to the university’s primary focus as a teaching institution, which may include discovery, integration, application, and/or teaching
• Support faculty forums and other professional development activities within the college
• Participate in external discipline specific conferences and professional communities
• Enhance teaching effectiveness skills by attending seminars, webinars, workshops, and classes through both internal and external programming.
• Participate in meetings (on site and virtual) as directed
• Support degree programs and initiatives of the Forbes School of Business and Technology as
• Maintain regular work hours coordinated with supervisor
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in related content area
• Experience in a distance/online learning environment with adult learners
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule that requires travel and occasionally work on evenings and weekends
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications including intermediate level experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Earned doctorate in a field relevant to the content area
• One or more years of online college teaching experience.
• Career experience relevant to the discipline
• Strong interpersonal communication and organizational abilities
• Strong background in course development
• Must possess a Master’s or terminal degree in the subject area or related field from a regionally accredited university.
If a degree or education credit minimum is required for the position, all education must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (official transcripts) upon request.